If your company is committed to openness and you endorse the following key principles to create value, you are an open company. Open companies are invited to join the like-minded companies list in our open company directory. There is no approval process. You don’t need our permission. Openness starts with trust.
Key principles for radical open companies:
- Creating value is not an end but a means for making our world better.
- You embrace openness when creating value for your customers.
- You use an OSI approved license when developing software.
- You use an Creative Commons License to share documentation that has value.
- You embrace openness as basic value for knowledge sharing and growth. Think of open science, open data, open access, open research.
- Knowledge and improvements should be beneficial and reachable for everyone.
- Your organization is inclusive.